If you have any issue you’d like to discuss with an assistant principal, please fill out this form to request a meeting.
Todos los padres están invitados a asistir a las reuniones del grupo de apoyo de padres en español. Se llevan a cabo en el Centro de Recursos para la Comunidad en la escuela Montgomery Middle todos los miércoles de 6pm-8pm. Si usted tiene alguna pregunta, por favor llame a Arantxa Buenrostro al ( 619 ) 662-8370 .
This document must be signed and turned into the main office in order for students to have the privilege of riding a Bike, Scooter or Skateboard to Montgomery Middle School.
Montgomery Middle School shall be a learner based community which nurtures academic excellence for all students and demonstrating leadership in character development. This vision statement is intended to serve as both the blueprint for improvement and the benchmark by which we will evaluate our progress and set new goals and objectives.
Culture – The climate of Montgomery Middle School is defined by
- Encouraging open communication between all students, staff, parents and the local community
- Acknowledging and celebrating the achievements of students and staff in learning and leadership
- Develop sense of community through academic and extracurricular activities with a focus on character development
- Focuses on character development which incorporates respect, social skills, and moral integrity into academic concepts
- Focused on increasing student achievement with dynamic instructional methods that are student based
- Models the importance of lifelong learning through their commitment to ongoing professional development
- Model exemplary character development through exhibiting virtues and behaviors consistent with the school’s vision, values and goals.
- Collaborates and takes accountability for improving student learning in regards to instructional strategies, methods and assessment.
- Set aside time to acknowledge student achievement within and beyond the school day.
- Academic and emotional needs are addressed through targeted and timely interventions within and beyond the regular school day
- Accept responsibility for their learning and actions
- Are encouraged and expected to question, explore and critically challenge what they learn to reach their full potential
- Set challenging goals and give the best effort to achieve high academic standards
- Treat each other, and staff members with virtues associated with exemplary character
- Work with and encourage each other in an atmosphere of support
- Become involved in our school and community through service based learning opportunities within and beyond the school day
Parents and Community
- Support and fosters school efforts to master learning within and beyond the school day
- Form partnerships with staff to demonstrate the importance of education
- Are proactive in monitoring student progress
- Are involved with school by volunteering their time and/or services
- Are engaged in the learning process by taking advantage of learning opportunities available to them within and beyond the school day.