Dear Parents and Families:
Reading for pleasure, inside and outside of school, has real and long-lasting benefits. It unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Here’s what you can do to help children develop stronger reading skills and a love for reading:
- Set the example. Let children see you read.
- Have a collection of books in the home. Update this collection routinely to keep pace with changing tastes and reading skills. Talk about books and what your child is reading.
- Support our school’s Book Fair. Allow your children to choose their own books to read.
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings the books kids want to read right to our school. It’s a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
Book Fair dates: October 16-20
Shopping hours: 7:45-3:00
Before you visit the Book Fair, be sure to download the Book Fairs app to help you find the right books for your child. For more information, visit: scholastic.com/apps/bookfairs.
If you are unable to attend in person, we invite you to visit our Online Book Fair here. Our Online Book Fair is available from Oct.12-20.
We look forward to seeing you and your family at our Book Fair! Remember, all purchases benefit
Internet safety education is the key to keeping children and teens safe online:
The Montgomery Middle School ASB (Associated Student Body) is here to help support the students of Montgomery Middle. We are in charge of selling many items including PE clothes, yearbooks, school supplies, and lunchtime snacks. You are not required to purchase anything from the ASB, but every purchase benefits the students of Montgomery Middle through awards, incentives, celebrations, assemblies, activities, and more.
In addition to selling things, the ASB is also in charge of dances, spirit activities, fundraisers, and a variety of other leadership jobs to help make our school a great place to be. We hope you will participate in all of the activities we have for you this year. Pay attention to morning announcements, KMMI, and posters around campus so that you always know what is going on here at our school.
If you have any questions, please stop by the ASB office, Room 315.
ASB Advisor – Mrs. Kerry Siglin
ASB Office – (619) 662-8250
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
ASB President –Daniela Serena
ASB Vice President –Shawn Talamantes
ASB Secretary – Ailani Serrano
ASB Treasurer – Celeste Vargas
ASB Office Hours
The ASB office is open daily 8:00 am-3:30 pm.
Friday, July 14, 7th Grade Orientation 9-11am (See WEB info below)
Thursday, July 20 First Day of School
Friday, Aug. 4 Mayan Revolution Day (parents welcome)
Friday, Aug. 4 First Dance 1:15-3:00
August 21-22 Picture Days
October 6 Picture Make Up Day
WEB (Very Important for 7th Graders!)
WEB is a program where every 7th grader is matched up with an 8th grade “big buddy” who is referred to as a WEB Leader. WEB Leaders are 8th graders who volunteered to be mentors to incoming 7th graders. WEB Leaders help run the 7th grade orientation on July 14, then approximately every six weeks, the WEB leaders meet with their “webbies” and do different activities or discuss important things like how to be successful in school, making healthy choices, bullying, and a variety or other topics. The first chance for 7th graders to meet their WEB Leader is at orientation: Friday, July 14, 9-11am!!!
PE Sales/ASB Information 2017-2018
2017-18 PE Sales Information
Students will not need to wear their PE clothes until the end of the second week of school. It is not necessary to purchase clothes before the school year starts. Parents are welcome to come purchase clothes at any of the following times, but also, PE teachers will allow students to go purchase clothes during class during the first two weeks of school, so you are able to just send money with your students if you prefer.
ASB PE sales for the first two weeks of school (open all year for sales)
Friday, July 14, 11am-2pm *(very crowded after orientation)
7/20 8am – 3pm
7/21 8am – 2pm
7/25 – 7/27 8am-3:30pm
*You are not required to purchase your PE clothes from ASB, although most families do. You can feel good knowing that all money raised at the ASB is spent back on the students through awards and incentives, special activities, sports, clubs, pep rallies, dances, and more! We appreciate your support of our students and school!
**PE teachers will write students’ names on their shirt and shorts. Please make sure everything fits before you get your name written on them. The ASB cannot exchange/refund if your name is already on the clothes. Otherwise, we are happy to help you exchange for the correct size!
Montgomery Middle ASB Student Store Price List
****You may bring this form with you when you come to purchase your PE clothes and other items. You may circle desired items ahead of time to save time, or there will be extra forms available at ASB for you.
Item Sizes Available (sizes are adult)
P.E. t-shirt XS S M L XL $8
P.E. shorts XS S M L XL $10
Sweatpants XS S M L XL $10
Mayan Spirit Hoodie XS S M L XL $20
(black hooded sweatshirt)
Crewneck Sweatshirt XS S M L XL $12
(Gray w/ Mayan Logo)
Lock (security key feature for PE teachers) $6
Yearbook $28 in July and August, $30 Sept – Dec, $35 Jan-June (Buy early and save!)
____College T-Shirt (variety of universities and colors) $10
*Every Wednesday is College Wednesday: Wear a college t-shirt or sweatshirt if you have one.
Mayan Value Package:
PE shirt, shorts or sweatpants, Mayan spirit hoodie, lock, yearbook $70
Cash, credit, debit, or cashier’s checks/money orders. Personal checks are not accepted at ASB.
If you have any questions, please call the ASB office at 662-8250.
Order Online: You may also order on-line to use a credit card (there is a 6% processing fee). Go to our school website to order starting Monday, July 10. Print the receipt and have your student bring it to the ASB to pick up their items. If you are unable to print from home, we can do it at the ASB. Click on the link below to access the webstore.
Student Store School Supplies
(Available all year long)
i-Pad stylus/pen $2.00
i-Pad earbuds $3.00
i-Pad cleaning cloth $2.00
i-Pad pack (earbuds, stylus, cloth) $6.00
1 subject notebook (Vinyl cover) $3.00
Colored pencils (set of 12) $2.00
Glue stick $0.75
Regular Pencil $0.25
Mechanical pencil $0.50
Pencil Lead (30 leads .7mm) $1.00
Pen (blue or black ink) $0.50
Rulers (plastic or wood) $1.00
Eraser (Magic Rub) $1.00
Pencil cap erasers 3 for $0.25
Pencil pouch $2.00
Pack of notebook paper (150 sheets) $2.00
Index cards (pack of 100) $1.00
Pencil sharpeners $1.00
Plastic sheet protectors 5 for $1.00
File folders $0.25
Dear Mayan Families,
- The use of Multiple Measures instead of just one measure
- A Focus on Equity for all student groups
- Supporting Local Decision Making above state control
*Pertussis (Tdap) is now required for those students entering 7th grade. 1 dose meets the requirement.
LIST OF APPROVED DOCUMENTS TO BE USED AS PROOF OF RESIDENCY:
Please provide one of the following documents:
• Utility bill: Gas & electric, Water Cable, Trash, Sewer or Internet Provider NO Phone/Cell Bills or Shut Off Notices
• Lease Agreement/Rental Contract with letterhead of the complex and a business card from apartment manager and current rent receipt.
• THE SWEETWATER SCHOOL DISTRICT DOES NOT ACCEPT GENERIC RENTAL CONTRACTS AND/ OR GENERIC RENTAL RECEIPTS.
• Letter on apartment complex or mobile home park letterhead, signed by the landlord, stating that parent/guardian/caregiver lives there.
• Closing Escrow papers, mortgage book or statement, or homeowner’s association fees statement, residence insurance statement.
• Verification of Social Services: Healthy Families, Social Security Benefits, Health& Human Services, and Child Support.
• Pay Stubs
Proof of Residency documentation must be ORIGINAL have the same name and address as the affidavit and must be date within 60 DAYS of the date of the affidavit.
If the student lives with: The following documents are required:
Parent(s): One document from the approved list
Foster Parent(s): One document from the approved list plus: Placement letter and Foster Care License
Court-Appointed Guardian: One document from the approved list plus Court order authorization guardianship
Caregiver: Contact the Assistant Principal
Parent(s)/ Guardian & another family Joint Residency: See below- for questions contact the Registrar 619.662.8222
(two families living in the same house/apartment)
BOTH PARENT/GUARDIAN AND JOINT MUST BE PRESENT TO SIGN FORMS
Parent/Guardian/ Caregiver NEEDS ALL 3 DOCUMENTS:
1. California Driver’s License, California Identification Card or Matrícula Consular, which reflects the joint resident’s (homeowner’s) address.
2. A bank Statement, which reflects the joint resident’s (homeowner’s) address.
3. A utility bill with your name reflection the joint resident’s (homeowner’s) address.
Homeowner/ Renter Must provide ALL 2 Documents
1. Current verification of Social Services, Medical or Social Security benefits replaces requirements number two & three. 1. California Driver’s License or California Identification Card
One form of acceptable documentation: Utility bill (gas & electric, cable, water, trash, or sewer) mortgage statement or pay stub.
Rental Contract/Lease agreement with letterhead of apartment complex with business card from apartment manager & current rent receipt.
THE SWEETWATER SCHOOL DISTRICT DOES NOT ACCEPT GENERIC RENTAL CONTRACTS AND/ OR GENERIC RENTAL RECEIPTS.
*Vacuna de la tos ferina (Tdap) es ahora requerida para aquellos estudiantes que entran al séptimo grado. 1 dosis cumple con el requisito.
LISTA DE DOCUMENTOS APROBADOS COMPROBANTES DE RESIDENCIA
* El estudiante debe estar presente y listo para permanecer en la escuela durante el registro
Por favor proporcione uno de los documentos de la lista:
• Factura de: Gas & Electricidad, Agua, Cable, Basura, Drenaje o de Internet. No facturas de teléfono/celulares o aviso de cancelación de servicio de utilidades.
• Contrato o acuerdo de renta con el membrete del complejo de departamentos y una tarjeta de presentación del gerente o encargado de los apartamentos y un recibo de renta al corriente.
• El DISTRITO DE SWEETWATER NO ACEPTA CONTRACTOS NI RECIBOS DE RENTA GENERICOS DE LA CASA.
• Una carta en papel membretado del complejo de departamentos o del parque de casas movibles, firmado por el arrendatario donde el mismo declara que el padre, tutor o encargado del menor vive allí.
• Documentos de Escrow, libro de pagos de hipoteca o estado de cuenta, o cuenta de cuotas de asociación de propietarios de la unidad habitacional, seguro de residencia.
• Verificación de Servicios Sociales: Familias Saludables, Beneficios de seguridad social, servicos de salud y servios humanos, manutención de niños.
• Talones de pago
Documentación de comprobante de domicilio debe ser ORIGINAL, tener el mismo nombre y domicilio de la declaración y deberá ser fechado dentro de 60 DÍAS de la fecha de la declaración. No se aceptan aviso de cancelación de servicios de utilidades.
Si el alumno vive con: Se requieren los siguientes documentos
Padre(s): Un documento de la lista arriba mencionada
Padre de crianza (Foster): Un documento de la lista arriba mencionada y Orden de acomodo con los padres de crianza/Licencia que los acredita como padres de crianza
Tutor legal nombrado por la corte: Un documento de la lista arriba mencionada y Orden de la corte que lo nombra el Tutor Legal del alumo
Tutor: Contacte a la encargada de inscripciones
Padre(s)/ Tutor y otra familia- Residencia en Común O compartida: Lea a continuación- si tiene preguntas contacte a la encargada de inscripciones
RESIDENCIA EN COMÚN
(dos familias viviendo en un mismo domicilio)
LOS PADRES/TUTOR Y LOS DUEŇOS O ARRENDATARIOS DEBEN ESTAR PRESENTES PARA FIRMAR LOS FORMULARIOS
Padre/Tutor Legal/ Tutor
Debe proporcionar todos los 3 DOCUMENTOS
1. Licencia de manejar de California, Tarjeta de identificación de California, o Matricula Consular con domicilio del residente en común
2. Estados de cuente de un banco, con domicilio del residente en común
3. Un recibo de: gas y electricidad, cable, basura, agua, drenaje, o internet
• Verificación al corriente de Servicios Sociales, Medical, o beneficios del Seguro Social los cuales remplazan los requisitos 2 y 3
Residente en común/Dueño de casa o arrendatario
Debe proporcionar todos los 2 DOCUMENTOS
1. Licencia de manejar de California, o Tarjeta de identificación de California.
2. Una forma de documentación aceptable:
Recibo de: gas y electricdad, cable, basura, agua, drenaje, o internet, estado de cuenta de hipoteca, Contracto de renta/acuerdo de renta con el membrete del complejo del complejo de apartamentos junto con la tarjeta de precentación del gerente, y un recibo de renta corriente.
* El DISTRICTO DE SWEETWATER NO ACEPTA CONTRACTOS NI RECIBOS DE RENTA GENERICOS DE LA CASA.