Montgomery Middle Math uses a collaborative approach to problem solving and takes pride in encouraging the following attributes in our students:
- Cooperative Learning Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Error Analysis linked to communication of Mathematical Reasoning
- Technological activities (textbook, manipulatives, videos, etc.)
- Student Centered Instruction
Courses for 2017-2018
Integrated Math 7, Integrated Math 8, IM 1 & Compacted Integrated Math Sweetwater’s adoption of CPM Core Connections is the central resource utilizing Common Core Standards and Mathematical Practices to deliver and assess Math learning in IM7 & IM8 at Montgomery. These resources are supplemented by each teacher’s use of other resources to deliver quality tasks, structured discourse, and supportive technology.
Beginning with the Class of 2020, students MUST pass all core classes (Math, English, Science, & Social Studies), including PE and achieve 21 or more semester credits to participate in Promotion activities at Montgomery Middle. Current 8th graders must pass all English & Math classes, and earn 21 or more semester credits, to participate in their promotion ceremony.
- Gift Center Tutoring-Room 505 Monday-Thursday 3:15-5:00
- Genius Bar (iPad help)-Room 210 Tuesday-Thursday at lunch time
- Staturday School and Saturday Intervention- 8am-12pm
- Credit Recovery-Offered once each semester for 40+ hours, students can gain credit for failed core courses.
- Math 8 Homework Videos
Cesar Chapa, Integrated Math 7, email@example.com
Octavio Del Valle, Math R180 Fundamentals,firstname.lastname@example.org
Ban Jonna, Integrated Math 7 and 8, email@example.com
Erin Parker, Integrated Math 8 and Math Workshop, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorena Perez, Integrated Math 7 and 8, email@example.com
Tina Savage, Integrated Math 7 and 8, firstname.lastname@example.org